Saturday, December 31, 2011

to make a resolution.

Time to say good-bye to another wonderful year...hope everyone has a safe and happy night tonight!

In the spirit of New Year's resolutions, I decided to make a few for the ol' blog. Here they are:
  1. Take better pictures. I got an awesome deal on a Canon Rebel from Target - the camera was reduced and I got another lens for $100! Now I just have to learn how to use it...
  2. Get crafty.  I had so much fun sprucing up my American Apparel clutch; I definitely want to incorporate more DIY projects into my wardrobe.
  3. Make myself up. I swear I wear make-up and blow dry my hair (most the of the time), but I end up looking very unmade up most of the time. This year, I want to make an effort to mix up my look with different hairstyles, eye make-up and lipstick.
  4. Stick to structure. I love how magazines have consistent features and articles across their different issues (like "Her 10 Best Ever" in Instyle) and I think monthly or weekly features would be something fun to incorporate into my blog.
  5. Invest in the classics. Looking back at my favorite outfits from this year, I noticed that I definitely go back to the same basic, well-made pieces time and again (I've worn most of the items from these outfits at least a dozen times!). I think I need to be more conscious of this fact when I go shopping, and make sure whatever I purchase is going to become a classic. Speaking of those favorite outfits...










3 comments:

  1. Lauren, you should also share more of where your great finds are from! :) Like the necklace in the first pic - to die for! Love your blog, and great resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Taylor!! That necklace is an oldie from BR, but there is a similar one in a couple of different colors at J.Crew right now :) BTW, you looked gorgeous at your wedding! BIG congratulations, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete