Friday, November 4, 2011

to make a return.

Remember my new boots project? I was in such a frenzy of excitement to add a new pair of boots to my collection, I think I rushed it. I bought the wedge boots from Banana Republic, and while they're very cute, a good price, and everything I thought I wanted, they sat ignored in my bedroom for over a week. When I don't wear a new purchase right away, that's a red flag that it's not quite right. So back to Banana Republic they went, poor things.

It was then that I became obsessed with boot shopping. I am so sick of my boots from last winter and needed something different to spice up my fall wardrobe. I kept coming back to these MICHAEL Michael Kors boots on Piperlime, and luckily they also had them at Macy's when I popped in on Tuesday. I wasn't sure about the elasticized back, but I actually really liked the way they fit snug to my calves (I inherited a pair of chicken legs from my momma). They're also very tall and come up a little bit past my knee; my other boots are shorter. They are flat, but the shinier finish dresses them up so I think they'll look great with jeans and dresses alike. And I got 15% off at Piperlime (I trickily signed up for their emails again with my married name email address, tee hee hee) so I got them for $180- $20 under budget!

I am super excited to introduce these babies to the rest of my wardrobe- I'm sure they'll be making their fair share of appearances in future blog posts. Happy weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment