Tuesday, October 25, 2011

and opts for the wedge.

Late October is a good time to go boot shopping, apparently- everything is on sale! Each of my top 3 contenders were at least 25% off, which made hitting my $200 budget much easier. I had a great shopping trip on Friday, thanks to the great prices and the company- two of my best friends from college. Life doesn't get much better than that!

I found a couple pairs of boots at Bloomingdale's that I really liked, but I knew they weren't "the one" because of my hesitation (I have a very if-I-like-it-I-buy-it attitude). The first ones were a buttery soft gray leather with a perfect heel height, but the gap between my calf and the boot was a little too big, and I was unsure about how the delicate leather would hold up in the winter. Next, I fell in love with a pair of boots by Coach- they were just the color I wanted and the buckle details were awesome...the price, not so awesome. They were 30% off, but it still put them right around $300, over my budget. They also had a 4.5 inch heel, which is just a little much for me for an every day boot. I went home bootless on Friday, mulling about my choices and wishing stores were open 24 hours a day...

Enter online shopping, my favorite pastime. Banana Republic was having a 25% off promotion, per usual, and I decided on a very simple, classic wedge boot. I'm really quite obsessed with wedges lately, so I thought I'd give them a go in boot form. The wedge mixed with the camel color I love and a friendly 3 inch heel gives me hope that this is my ideal boot. Now I just have to wait patiently for my package...torture.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment