Thursday, October 20, 2011

for the perfect pair of boots.

My next project is going to be a tough one- finding the pair of boots that will hug my feet and keep them warm and happy for the next 6 months in the Windy City. Right now, I have 3 pairs of boots (not counting booties. Including them pretty much triples my count). I have a flat, tan pair that I bought at J.Crew last winter- very trusty and still in good condition. I have a black pair from BR with a modest heel- also in pretty good condition, but I feel pretty "ehh" when I wear them. Not terrible, not fabulous, just there. Lastly, I have an awesome chocolate brown pair that I got in Germany while I was studying abroad (brand unknown). These guys have seen me through many a college bar, work day and shopping expedition. They've held up remarkably well for being 6 years old and I love them to pieces, but I'm ready to introduce a new everyday pair to my collection. In short, I'm looking for "I don't need a job, I don't need my parents, I've got great boots" boots (any Friends fans out there??).

I'm loving wedges lately, so I think a wedge boot would be fun. But I also love the basic, stacked heels I've been seeing. Skinny heels are out of the question- I will end up with a broken arm this winter if I go that route. Other than that, I'm open to whatever, so I'm just going to hit the shops and see what strikes my fancy! Here are a few of the images I'll keep in mind while shopping:

from shopbop



from piperlime


Oh, as for that tricky budget thing...$200. Might be difficult! Gotta hope for sales.

1 comment: