Wednesday, October 19, 2011

to dress it down.

The weekend after our wedding (back in June), we had an event at Rick's country club. I obviously chose "country club wife" as my outfit theme and headed over to Kate Spade- the holy grail of preppy, chic, trendy and generally adorable clothing. I tried on every single dress in the store, no joke, and ended up with a black, pleated skirt number that had some awesome detailing on the neckline. Apparently, country club wives are a little saucy these days, and my friend and I ended up being the most conservatively dressed ladies at the dance (not to mention the youngest. My friend wore Lilly Pulitzer, by the way).

Anyway, I had every intention of wearing this dress again over the summer and I failed miserably. It waited patiently in its bright pink garment bag to be taken out to another party, but the cost per wear remained embarrassingly high. Last week, I decided to cut the poor thing some slack and take it out for a spin. I wore my trusty chambray button-down underneath and a casual skinny belt to dress it down.



dress: Kate Spade. shirt: J.Crew. belt: J.Crew. shoes: Cole Haan. bracelets: DY.


me & my handsome hubby at the party (ignore my red wine teeth and farmer's tan).

2 comments:

  1. Lovely dress!Nd I love how you showed it's versatility...

    xoxo,
    Leah
    www.couturearabesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is gorgeous, and i absolutely LOVE how you styled it to be more casual. It sucks how often the most expensive items in our closet get the least wear....I'm definitely going to try re-styling some of my fancier, rarely worn things to make them more everyday appropriate after seeing this on you :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete