Friday, October 14, 2011

for her pretty sissy.

I told you guys a few weeks ago that I was starting my guest stars adventure with my lovely older sister. She's a tall girl with a teensy little waist, so I thought a high-waisted, pleated skirt would look great on her. I got the inspiration from these pictures of Olivia Munn and Lea Michele from Instyle.com:


I also wanted to get my sister into a pop of color, because she lives in NY and has an aversion to all things bright and cheerful (haha, half joking). I wanted her to wear whatever we got over and over again though, so I knew I had to tread lightly. We went outlet shopping with our step-mom down in FL, but ended up with 11 pairs of shoes instead of anything for this blog post. I take that back, we got 1 Kate Spade necklace in a beautiful deep purple (space truckin. One of my dad's favorite albums. Raise your hand if you know what I'm talking about.....no one? Ok I'm done.) color.

So, I went shopping alone in Chicago to find the perfect skirt. I actually saw and bought the H&M skirt for myself before I put my selfishness on the shelf and remembered it would look great on my sister too. And you can't beat the basic color-blocking. I headed over to Old Navy to find a top, and found the black & white printed tank for $20! For the pop of color, I settled on a zip front cardigan in teal, also a steal at $16. Did I mention the skirt was $17?? A whole outfit for $50. I'm the winner AGAIN!

She tried everything on last weekend when we saw each other in Ohio, and wore it to work this past week. She could wear a paper bag and look gorgeous, but I'm loving this look on her. What do you think?





skirt: H&M. top: Old Navy. cardigan: Old Navy. necklace (worn as bracelet): Kate Spade.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful skirt!

    xo Ashleigh

    www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Lauren - Erin you look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all.
    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete