Wednesday, July 27, 2011

to recap.

I learned quite a few things during my 10 outfits from 10 pieces project. First and foremost, it's definitely doable, but maybe not for 10 days in a row (you end up being dirty and not washing things, and then when you do, they turn blue). I also learned that nothing beats a basic, whether it's a dress, skirt, jeans, pair of heels, etc. If you have some classic, neutral items in your wardrobe that you love and fit great, you can turn them into tons of different outfits. Which leads me to my next lesson- accessories are key. You can create so many unique looks with that same classic dress/skirt/top by throwing on various accessories. I used belts, necklaces and scarves the most in this project. Here are some of my current favorites:

From R-L: F21 Rolo Chain Bib Necklace, J.Crew Leopard Print Scarf, Kate Spade Cut to the Chase Bib Necklace in citron, Zara Elasticated Belt, J.Crew Patent Tab Skinny Belt in warm jade, F21 Ikat Print Scarf, Zara Necklace of Threaded Stones, Kate Spade Bow Belt.

Did anyone notice I only posted six of my outfits from this project? I forgot to take pictures of two of them, and for those of you good at math, yes I was short by two. Oops. I'm going to stick with blaming it on the weather and the washing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment