Friday, July 22, 2011

and gets bested by the weather & a washing machine.

OK so I cheated again. But I have several things on which to blame my cheating ways. They are as follows:
  • a heat wave that is slowly broiling the Midwest.
  • a very aggravating washing machine that always spits out HOT water even when you push COLD.
  • my incredibly flimsy backbone.
I will not bore you with the details (tee hee hee, I totally will)...after packing for 6 hours on Wednesday (we're moving this weekend), I remembered that I needed to wash the white v-neck tee I had worn 3 times without washing (this is why it's hard to make 10 outfits out of 10 clothing items. I shall try again when I have laundry in my apartment). I ran up to the laundry room, threw my stuff in and resumed my packing spree. Only when I went back up to put my stuff in the dryer did I remember the dreaded third washer from the right's issue (or is it the second...see if I could remember anything this might not have happened). It always washes things in warm/hot water, and I put jeans and my white shirt in together. BOLLOCKS. I now have blue clothing.

My wonderful husband went to Target for me after his work dinner to try to find a replacement white v-neck tee, but couldn't find anything. I was going to improvise and wear a crew neck white shirt, but I checked the weather before getting dressed and discovered there was a high of 99 degrees. Just thinking about my poor little legs suffocating in skinny jeans, with sweat dripping down my back and soaking through my white t-shirt (too much?) put the nail in that coffin. I threw on this outfit that I bought for my mixing prints project, and was cool and comfortable all day long.

Yes, I know my head is cut off. I looked like a dork. One of these days I'll get better pictures, I promise.

J.Crew outlet striped tee and skirt with J.Crew suede cutout heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment