Wednesday, July 20, 2011

to go on a colorful safari.

I was a little frantic getting dressed this morning (are you noticing a trend??) and almost threw in the towel on this project. I had an idea in my head to wear the silky green shirt from J.Crew over the orange BR dress to make it look like a skirt, and as I was pulling on the shirt I convinced myself it wasn't going to look right. After trying to put it under the dress, and then cinched with a belt over the dress, I went back to square one and knotted the ends at my waist. I threw on a necklace to try to disguise the top of the dress peeking through and the Ann Taylor pumps, and I actually really liked the end product! It's a unique color combination that I wouldn't normally choose and I loved the shirt tied in front. Oh, and I felt very safari with the rolled sleeves and army green, hence the post title :)


2 comments:

  1. love how colorful the pics turned out!! i agree, the color combination was unique, but thought it turned out great! i'm going to try and do that whole silk shirt tied on dress thing come fall (i would wilt in the summer heat).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this dress. Whoever said you looked like a watermelon is a jackass :)

    ReplyDelete