Thursday, July 21, 2011

and cheats just a little bit.

Yesterday we had a company outing- a boat cruise on Lake Michigan...in the stifling heat. We had the same event last year, and upon finding out I announced to my team that we all had to dress in nautical themed outfits. I remember I wore my navy and yellow rope print mini skirt from J.Crew and patent leather orange Sperry's...and was shocked to find that I was the only person who found dressing in theme highly exciting. Not one to be deterred, I decided that yesterday would be a "pass" day on my 10-outfit challenge so I could channel Gilligan once again.

I pulled out my trusty orange skirt from J.Crew that I bought for a previous post, a new navy and white striped shirt that I got at Zara for $15 (I've definitely already gotten my money's worth from this versatile shirt) and tan Calvin Klein wedges. I accessorized with gold earrings shaped like coral (or a tree? But I went with coral for the theme) that I bought in Cleveland at this adorable store called Yellow Cake by Valerie Mayen.

Please ignore my red face and salty expression in the second picture. If you didn't know, "salty" is the new cool word among the youngsters (as Rick and I learned from his little brother & co, we are so hip).



No comments:

Post a Comment