Tuesday, July 5, 2011

for 10 in 10.

Have you ever seen those magazine articles that claim you can take 10 pieces of clothing and make a bajillion different outfits? I just saw one on Lucky.com that claims you can make 7 weeks worth of outfits with 10 different articles of clothing...I love Lucky, but seriously, are they insane?? You can't wear the same dress 3 days in a row, you just can't, unless you want to be the smelly kid in class.

However, after I thought about it some more, I realized mixing and matching and stretching the life of the clothes I buy is technically the point of my blog. I decided this had to be my next challenge, but I knew 7 weeks was completely out of the question. I settled on 2 weeks of work outfits and 1 weekend of outfits, with 1 free day each week for work (mostly because I'm not working a full week until August, basically. Hello wedding season!!) So that makes 10 outfits from 10 pieces of clothing. I originally set my budget at $250, but upped it to $350 when I spent $180 at my first store. Tee hee hee, I'm such a rule breaker.

I mentioned in my last post that I had my husband with me on this shopping expedition, so I had to work quickly (good thing spending mass amounts of money in a short time period is my specialty). We were up at the lake house for the 4th, so we headed to the outlets. I was hoping to find some great deals so I could stretch that $250 to the max, and my wish was granted! I spent a total of $320 for 2 pairs of shoes (heels and flats), 1 cardigan, 1 dress, 1 skirt, 1 necklace, 1 basic white t-shirt, 1 silky button down, 1 chiffon-y tank and a pair of jeans! I got everything at J.Crew, BR and Ann Taylor. Check out the pictures below!



Outfit #1 will debut on Monday, July 11th. I decided to kick off an exciting week (Cedar Point, a wedding, my birthday and the final HARRY POTTER movie) with even more excitement :)

1 comment:

  1. can't wait to see all the new combo's that you put together!!

    ReplyDelete