Monday, July 11, 2011

to start the week off right.

I was so excited this morning to wear my first outfit from my 10-piece wardrobe. I jumped out of bed (that's a complete exaggeration, it is Monday after all...), put curlers in my hair and was ironing my khaki skirt when BOOMMM- a huge thunderclap shakes the windows, followed by torrential downpour. I decided a khaki skirt might not look too good soaked to the bone, so I opted for the skinny jeans I bought instead. As I was running upstairs to grab them, my bestie Jenn called to say she was driving to work and could pick me up...in 5 minutes. I stuffed my belt (J.Crew) and necklace (Kate Spade) in my pockets and ran out the door, so please excuse my slightly disheveled hair and lack of make-up :)

I'm loving the first outfit though! The shirt (J.Crew outlet, $20) is not wrinkling as much as I thought, and the jeans (J.Crew outlet, $33) are holding their shape quite well. My tootsies are hurting a little from the Ann Taylor pumps ($40), but I am the ultimate believer in beauty is pain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment