Monday, July 4, 2011

and got herself hitched :)

Wow, that was quite the sabbatical from my blogging career!!! I do have a good excuse, marrying my best friend and all, but that was a very long break and I'm so excited to be back!

A lot of planning went into our big day and we were lucky enough to have everything go off without a hitch. It was literally the best, most fun and perfect day. There's nothing like dancing the night away with the love of your life, your awesome families and your best friends!

I thought I'd share some pictures, of my outfits of course.


Here's all of the beautiful bridesmaids outside the church after the rehearsal. I had my only minor meltdown of the weekend about my dress for this night, so I dragged my lovely friend Casey all over Michigan Ave looking for another alternative, before dragging my other lovely friend Megan down to Kate Spade to buy the adorable dress I'm wearing in the picture (hint hint, I'm the one in white). I had previously purchased the seafoam green shoes (also Kate Spade) because they happen to be my husband's favorite color. The layered necklaces are Kate Spade as well, and those were bought in the pre-rehearsal shopping spree along with the dress. All I can say is, thank goodness for Kate and their new bridal line...


Close-up of the layered necklaces and my husband's preppy paisley tie/checked shirt combo (can you see why I married him??) My dad and new mother-in-law round out the pic!


Meet Reggie, my wonderful wedding dress! I got her from Priscilla of Boston and she originally came with a big bow, which ordinarily I would love, but I wanted to style her up a little bit myself. I had the flower made from etsy.com, and after trying about 15 different pink ribbons, finally found the right color/width combination. The seamstress was a miracle worker and this thing fit like a glove, and felt great! But me being me, I figured on the most special day of my life, why not have 2 dresses??



Meet dress number 2! I got this sassy little number from Bella Bridesmaid in Chicago. After 10 hours in Reggie, my legs were definitely glad to get a little cool breeze, and getting down on the dance floor with my sissy was a lot easier. I felt like a bird with all of the chiffon petals, which reminded me of the scene in The Notebook where Noah says "if you're a bird, I'm a bird" and just added to the romance of the day in my champagne-infused mind :)


Sparkly Jimmy Choos. Enough said.


There's a little glamour shot for you. I loved how everything came together, and truly felt like the princess that the 3-year old waiting for the hotel elevator thought I was :) It's amazing what a hair and make-up team and hours of preparation can do!

My shopping budget is thankfully restored, and my new (very patient) husband helped me shop for my next project at the outlets this weekend- stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment