Sunday, March 27, 2011

and comes out ahead!

I went shopping after work on Friday, in hopes of finding some mini-moon outfits (my fiance and I are going to Napa for a few days right after we get married, and taking a longer honeymoon in the winter). Anyway, the most absurd thing happened to me...I was returning a dress to J.Crew and I couldn't find something I wanted in exchange. I settled for a new animal print scarf, because my other one got caught on a bridge in a gust of wind and I had to rip it free. To make a long story short (too late), the scarf was cheaper than the dress, so I got money back, as in I made money! This is the first time such a thing has happened to me, and I'm so happy to have a place to document it for the world to see. I am THRIFTY and FRUGAL!

I was so impressed with myself, I celebrated by buying Sprinkles cupcakes (heavenly) and taking a cab home...pretty much negating my surplus, but who's counting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment