Sunday, September 11, 2011

for some ch-ch-ch-changes.

I was tooling around the dashboard of my blog the other day, making a few updates, and I noticed that my first post was back in March- making this my sixth month! I started to think about the projects and challenges I've done so far, which ones were successful and which ones not so much, and what I wanted to do on my little blog next.

My favorite posts so far have been the Vegas cut-out dress search, the 10 in 10 challenge and of course, the day to night leopard print project. Why? I really love the satisfaction of buying something and making it into tons of different outfits, and many of the pieces I bought for the 10 in 10 and leopard print projects I've already worn time and again (the BR orange dress, J.Crew green silk button-down, Loft animal print shirt and J.Crew leopard print skirt have been around the block). These projects have also helped me greatly improve my budgeting skills, mostly because now I feel a sense of duty to create new outfits with project purchases- to share them with all of you!

So, I'm going to continue on the challenge route, hopefully once a month, and continue to create as many outfits as I can with pieces bought for a challenge. I'm also going to introduce some very lovely guest stars to lauren goes shopping! We're going to agree on a budget for their outfit, each choose an inspiration picture and then hit the shops together. The idea is to get the guest star out of their comfort zone, the same goal I had in mind when I started this blog. First up is my beautiful sister Erin, and we'll be shopping together on our family vacation in FL next week.

Hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing weekend, and thanks so much for reading- it's really nice to have a (self-invented) purpose for my frequent shopping trips.


me and the seester, guest star to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment