Wednesday, June 1, 2011

to mix & match.

One trend I'm seeing everywhere right now is mixed prints. Initially I thought I could never pull it off, but the more and more I saw it in magazines and on websites, the more and more it grew on me. Add that to the purpose of my blog in the first place (taking chances and styling up my closet), I knew mixed prints would be my next project. Here's a picture that inspired me (I finally realized taking pictures of ripped out magazine pages might not be the best way to display these "inspiration pictures", so I googled this one):


I love Rachel Bilson and her column in InStyle, so I'm not surprised she's so effortlessly pulling off polka dots and stripes. Whitney Port's stripes and leopard print is also adorable (never would have thought of mixing those two...).

I'm really looking forward to rocking this trend :) I set this project's budget at $100 (our quickly approaching wedding is draining my shopping funds. Get ready for some sprees come June 19).

No comments:

Post a Comment