Thursday, May 5, 2011

with some old faithfuls.

Whenever I am accused of shopping too much or getting rid of clothing that I've only worn once or twice, I'm quick to point out that there are a bunch of pieces in my closet that I've had for years. I'll also go on a rant of how many times I've worn these things, how many times they've saved me from a meltdown and how they've basically paid for themselves (this is usually when the other person walks away, shaking their head).

Included in this "old faithful" category are my teal shoes from J.Crew, bought in 2008ish, my J.Crew navy shift dress with pockets, bought back when pockets were the new thing, and my skinny gold belt (I'm not even going to say where it's from because it's getting sad at this point). I'm still holding a grudge against my best friend Jenn and my fiance because they wouldn't let me buy the pink version of the navy dress, and when I decided it was ridiculous to let them stop me from buying the cutest dress in the world, it had SOLD OUT. Horror. Then Sex and the City (the movie) came out and Carrie wore a bright pink dress with a studded black belt and black cage heels and it was adorable and I was even more upset. I'm still not over it.

Anyway, I was having an off morning last week and couldn't decide what to wear. Old faithfuls to the rescue! It's slowly getting warmer in Chicago, so I was able to wear the navy dress without tights. I put my animal print cardigan from H&M over it and finished it off with the gold belt. My teal shoes gave the outfit a little flair.


It was also really dreary and rainy last week, but I'm pretty sure I control the weather because I had just purchased a bright yellow rain jacket from Land's End. It was a warm and sunny day when I bought it, then it rained for 5 days straight. Coincidence? I think not. It was a lovely stretch of time to get acquainted with my new friend (soon to be an old faithful, I'm sure). Here's the commute version of my outfit:

Worn with croc-embossed Hunter boots, a necessity in Chicago.
Hope you have a lovely weekend! And give your old faithfuls a hug :)

No comments:

Post a Comment