Friday, May 18, 2012

for max-i potential (freaky friday).

Wedding season is quickly approaching, and my wardrobe is itching for some new dresses to wear. I've tried the whole borrow-a-dress-from-a-friend or re-wear-an-old-dress (gasp) thing, but it never works out for me. Being newly married myself and remembering how very special my wedding day was, I feel like every wedding deserves a fabulous new frock. It's my way of expressing to the bride how excited I am for her on the best day of her life (I'm aware that this is mildly ridiculous, it just sounds so reasonable in my head).

I want to try something new for a Chicago wedding we have in June. I've never gone maxi for nuptials, so I'm making this my next project. My budget is $200 and I've already been all over my favorite websites. There are so many gorgeous options...this is going to be harder than picking a groom.


Zara dress with appliques on collar (here)


Enza Costa open back maxi dress (here on shopbop)


Mango color block maxi dress (here on asos)


J.Crew Lucienne long one-shoulder dress (here)

1 comment:

  1. I vote the Zara one, great color for the summer! You will look pretty in any of them though!

    ReplyDelete