Tuesday, February 21, 2012

to accept the challenge.

Whoa, Lent snuck up on me! I had an idea to do a 40-day, no shopping challenge this year. As if no shopping isn't hard enough for me, I also wanted to choose 40 items from my wardrobe and wear only those in different combinations for the entirety of Lent. To throw another wrench in my plan, I'm going to be in Florida for a long weekend during this time, so I need warm-weather AND cold-weather options. Yeesh.

My goal is to show myself how versatile great, quality clothing can be (in hopes to stop impulse buying) and to see if I have some self-control hiding inside somewhere...

The items I picked are below. There's actually 42, but I will be adhering to my challenge on Sundays, so I'm technically below the limit :)

  • 3 jackets
  • 2 blazers
  • 3 sweater dresses
  • 2 skirts
  • 4 sweaters
  • 4 pairs of pants
  • 2 dresses
  • 1 pair of leggings
  • 2 t-shirts
  • 7 pairs of shoes
  • 4 bags/purses
  • 3 necklaces
  • 1 belt
  • 1 pair of earrings
  • 3 pairs of tights
I'll have pictures of all of the pieces tomorrow, including my first outfit. I'm excited to update you guys on my progress every day- wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment