Tuesday, November 22, 2011

for more tights than she can handle.

When I set my budget at $100 for a whole season's worth of new tights, I thought I might not be able to get all of the styles and colors I desired. Thankfully and joyfully, I was wrong! I got a whopping NINE pairs of tights for $100. I'm really happy with how this project turned out- the shopping provided me hours of entertainment and I didn't break the bank. Plus, I know these nine pairs of tights will help me create an endless amount of outfits and keep my legs toasty warm this winter. Here's what I got:
  • Four basic pairs by Hue, from Bloomingdale's. They were 2 for $22, plus an additional 25% off! Total $40.
  • Three pairs from J.Crew- one bright purple pair on sale for $6, one nude Swiss dot and one black/brown herringbone (buy 2, get 25% off on those last two). Spent about $35 here.
  • One very cool pair of split seam tights from Topshop for $15- can't wait to wear these ones! I might have to double up with a nude sheer pair underneath, so I don't freeze my butt off.
  • And of course I couldn't resist some stripes- picked up this awesome pair from American Apparel for $20.
Apparently this doesn't add up to $100. I suppose I didn't count the American Apparel tights, because I used my Groupon ($50 for $100 of apparel). I'm thinking since I already paid for that it doesn't count...right?

Get ready for about 4 solid months of rotating these new purchases. Hope everyone is having a great short week!

No comments:

Post a Comment