Thursday, November 10, 2011

and gets the rainy day blues.

I was very, very excited when I woke up on Wednesday because it was PINK PANTS DAY! I finally jumped on the colored denim bandwagon over the weekend and had been planning my outfit for days. I decided Wednesday would be the day because the rain was supposed to be over and I had a happy hour (what's happier than PINK PANTS?), hence my excitement level at 7:30 am. But, of course, the pesky rain lingered and ruined my pink pants day- I should explain that my planned outfit involved suede shoes, which is why pink pants day was a no-go in the rain.

Fast-forward to me standing like a crabby 3-year old in front of my closet, lamenting that I have nothing to wear. A morning meltdown, if you will. In these situations, I've learned to turn to my staples- basic pieces that are comfortable and fit perfectly. On this particular day, I pulled on my favorite J.Brand jeggings and a white long-sleeve tee from J.Crew. I finished the look off with my new sparkly tweed blazer from Zara (because basic doesn't have to be simple) and my favorite Tory Burch booties (patent leather, perfect for the rain).

I tend to have a meltdown morning at least once a week- I'll start posting these "go-to" outfits as they come!


jeans: J.Brand t-shirt: J.Crew blazer: Zara (similar) shoes: Tory Burch (old) 
bag: Topshop (old) bracelets: DY



2 comments:

  1. lauren! i love your blog!! i remember when you got those booties, it was such a magical day.

    ~carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn!! haha, yup, still obsessed with them :)

    ReplyDelete