Sunday, October 2, 2011

to continue her love affair with the sweater dress.

I'm pretty sure I went shopping like 6 different times for my cozy sweater project. I kept changing my mind about what kind of look I wanted- I loved how the inspiration picture mixed dressy, silky bottoms with big knit tops, but I couldn't find anything quite right. I finally came across an off-white long sweater with tan elbow pads that was so cute and a great price- $35 from H&M. I bought it thinking I could find a skirt to go with it, but ended up back at H&M the next day to get another, thinner sweater dress to put underneath. This one was $35 too, so I only spent $70 of my $100 budget! Woohoo, go me, I'm the winner!! I know I'll be wearing these a lot; a sweater dress, tights and boots is my go-to outfit in the fall and winter.

The rainy weather I was complaining about in my last post has disappeared, and it has been replaced by the gorgeous, sunny, cool autumn weather that makes me want to race to an apple orchard to pick apples to eat as many fresh cinnamon and sugar donuts as humanly possible. I wore this outfit yesterday over to a friend's house, and it transitioned beautifully to an impromptu steak dinner with my wonderful in-laws and hubby. Pictures are compliments of Mr. lauren goes shopping (I learned that if you feed him approximately 6 beers, 2 glasses of wine and a whiskey, he LOVES taking blog photos).





dresses: H&M. necklace: BR. shoes: Ann Taylor Loft. bag: my Lou baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment