Thursday, April 14, 2011

and steps it up for work.

I work in an extremely casual environment (it's a web-based company, and all of the developers/IT guys are BIG fans of sandals, shorts, t-shirts and apparently, not showering). While it's wonderful to wake up in the morning and throw on whatever strikes my fancy, I've noticed that I'm getting a little slack when it comes to my work outfits. I used to work at a retail company in San Fran, where everyone was into fashion and style. Being in that environment encouraged me to put effort into my wardrobe choices and look cute every day (a.k.a., not walking out the door in leggings and an oversize t-shirt with wet hair...not that I've been known to do that). So, given my new blogging and shopping venture, I decided it was time to step up my style at work.

I took the chambray button down that I bought for my color project, put my favorite gray cardigan (J.Crew, of course) over it, and tucked both into the off-white skirt I wore to my NY bridal shower. My white and gold bib necklace (BR) and cut-out pumps from J.Crew finished the look. It felt great to actually look like I was a gainfully employed adult on my morning commute, instead of a flustered, wet-haired 15 year old.

Hope you like it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey now I will have you know I love my flip flops to work look & I always shower! No promises on wearing deodorant though! Very well done on the outfit & the blog!

    ReplyDelete